Angelina Jolie is “relieved” the investigation into her estranged husband Brad Pitt over allegations of child abuse has been closed.
The Los Angeles County Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS) had been looking into an incident between Pitt and his adopted son Maddox on board a private plane in September.
The alleged altercation is said to be what prompted Jolie to file for divorce four days later, but on Wednesday it was revealed that DCFS officials have ruled the actor did not commit child abuse during the reported argument.
Following the news, Jolie released a statement via her representative, admitting she is happy the investigation is closed.
“Angelina said from the beginning that she felt she had to take action for the health of the family and is relieved that after their 8-week involvement, the DCFS is now satisfied the safeguards are put in place that will allow the children to heal,” her rep told TMZ.
Social workers had been interviewing the former couple and its six kids, as well as eye witnesses and staff members, for weeks to get to the bottom of the alleged plane fracas.
The ruling comes after it was revealed earlier this week that Jolie will retain custody of their children for now, with Pitt given “therapeutic” visits.
Meanwhile, Pitt made his first red carpet appearance since Jolie filed for divorce as he attended the premiere of Allied in Los Angeles on Wednesday night.
Looking dapper but noticeably thinner than the last time he was seen, Pitt appeared in good spirits as he posed alongside co-star Marion Cotillard and spent around 10 minutes signing posters and posing for selfies with fans.
An interview posted on the Allied Facebook page showed Pitt saying he enjoys the process of meeting people who have waited to see him, adding, “It’s really sweet, everyone’s been very kind out here.”